Highly Recommended Experienced UKCC Level 2 Cricket Coach who has been coaching since 2006. Runs school holiday cricket camps throughout the year and also cricket birthday parties.
Also available to coach throughout Yorkshire, at professional academies/coaching organisations, at cricket clubs, in primary schools and secondary schools. Has a passion for the game and for sharing it in order to help develop cricket skills in boys and girls of all ages.
Enjoys and takes pride in following the progress of these players through the age groups and into adult cricket.
Took voluntary redundancy from his role as a Director of Corporate Banking in January 2015 and decided use his 8/9 years coaching experience and his qualifications to become a freelance cricket coach and follow his passion.
Up to date CRB/DBS, First Aid, Safeguarding Children and UKCC Level 2 Certificates all held.
- Now working with a variety of coaches and organisations including Ripley CC, the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation; beginners to more experienced; primary school work also being undertaken in Thirsk and Northallerton area at Pickhill, Carlton Miniott, South Kilvington, South Otterington and Ainderby Steeple. Also at Marton-cum-Grafton primary school.
- Own spring/summer holiday camp courses being run at Rainton CC, Thirsk and in autumn and winter indoors in Ripon; cricket birthday parties are proving very popular.
- Is also a Tutor on a part time basis with the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
- Spent 8 Years at Upperthong CC, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire coaching Junior players, mainly ages 5 to 9 and has also worked up to age 17
- At least 20 players coached have represented the Huddersfield & District Junior Cricket League
- 8 players coached in his first year have now gone on to represent the Upperthong CC first and second teams in the Drakes Huddersfield Cricket League
- Two players have gone on to represent Yorkshire at age group level – one boy and one girl
- Upperthong CC’s Junior section expanded from three teams to eight teams during 8 years coaching at the club
- Pete’s team won an impressive 30% of the tournaments (eight teams per tournament) they have played in from 2007 to 2015 when Pete finished coaching at Upperthong CC following him moving house to north Yorkshire
- Technically Capable – as evidenced by the success of his teams and players he has coached
- Highly Enthusiastic – has a positive outlook with children of all abilities
- Extremely Patient – ensuring the enjoyment of sessions by all children
- Motivated – by the seeing the progress, development, success and enjoyment of all participants
- Highly Organised – a much needed skill when sometimes dealing, with assistants, with close to 40 children at any one coaching session
- Session Planning – works closely with the organisation to understand the current level, age and experience of the players in order to plan future coaching sessions accordingly
- Co-ordinates – works closely with and guides all volunteers/parents assisting with coaching sessions in order to ensure that the learning of the children is maximised
- Builds Confidence – of players with a focus on positive feedback on their performance in order to seek to build their confidence and enjoyment
- Identifying Talent – ensuring that talented individuals are identified and stretched in order to maximise their performance
- Feedback – provides feedback to parents on an informal basis on progress made and where additional practice on specific skills may be useful